Recent high school graduates are encouraged to apply, as no experience is required.
We are Racine Home Insulators, LLC and we recently completed our tenth year of business as the primary insulation contractor in Racine and Kenosha counties. We are a stable company looking for a long term employee. We are busy year round and we are happy to train the right person to work along side the co-owner and our 4 person crew.
Smaller sized individuals are also encouraged to apply for this type of work. Large size is a disadvantage due to the small areas and confined spaces we have to access. Applicants will have to complete and pass a basic agility and confined space test by being able to pass through a medium sized opening that is similar to what we use to access most attics.
*** Note: A valid driver’s license is required ***
Starting pay is $18/hour for experienced individuals. For those with NO experience we start pay at $15/hr, but we will pay a $1/hour raise every month for the first 3 months. This means an applicant with NO experience can expect to make $18/hr in 3 month’s time. All employees must show up for work, follow directions, and meet the performance benchmarks as expected.
Here are some of the work responsibilities we train our employees to do. Again, no experience is required:
- loading the insulation machine with bags of insulation
- removing old insulation from attics, such as fiberglass batts
- drive our medium sized box trucks (we will train you)
- seal air leaks (holes) in the attic floor with expanding foam (we will train you)
- install weathstriping materal to access panels (we will train you)
- install roof and soffit vents (we will train you)
- install loose blown cellulose insulation in attics and walls (we will train you)
All employees need to be agile and able to work in attics, but again, past experience in attics is not required. If you know how to work hard and you enjoy physical labor, this is a great job for you. You will need these skills and abilities:
- You must be able to lift at least 75 lbs
- You must have endurance to work 8-10 hour shifts that are physically demanding
- You must be detail-oriented and able to work alone with minimal guidance
- You must have a valid driver’s license
- You must have reliable transportation, as most days you will be required to meet at our warehouse, but occasionally you will be asked to meet at the work site
All required tools and personal safety apparel (gloves, tyvek suits, respirators, etc) are supplied by Racine Home Insulators, LLC. Paid time off starts to accrue after 3 months of employment.
This job also has the possibility for greater responsibility and higher rate of pay. Individuals that do well as an installer will have the option to be a crew supervisor and/or become trained for insulation removal work. This work pays an additional hourly rate when the old insulation is vermiculite – a possible ACM . This work requires additional training that we pay for.
If interested, please send your resume and letter of interest to:
References from past employers, co-workers, teachers, and community leaders are always welcome. Be sure to explain the reasons you feel this is a good job for you.